- 2013-2015, M.Sc. Computational Engineering Science, RWTH Aachen University
- 2009-2013, B.Sc. Computational Engineering Science, RWTH Aachen University
- F. Zwicke, Application of an Automatic Differentiation Tool to the In-House Flow Solver , Master's Thesis, supervised by P. Knechtges, Chair for Computational Analysis of Technical Systems, RWTH Aachen University, February 2015.
- F. Zwicke, A posteriori error estimator for the incompressible Stokes equations , Seminar Thesis, supervised by P. Knechtges, Chair for Computational Analysis of Technical Systems, RWTH Aachen University, September 2014.
- Numerical Simulation of Injection Molding (Solidification, Shrinkage, Warpage)
- Amorphous Polymer Modeling (Viscoelasticity, Non-Linear Elasticity)
- Numerical Shape Optimization
- Free-Surface Flow Simulations
- Isogeometric Analysis
- Algorithmic Differentiation
Isogeometric Analysis (Exercise) WS 15/16, WS 16/17
Completed Student Projects
- E. Salzmann, "Combined IGA- and classical meshes for the finite element method", Master's Thesis, Chair for Computational Analysis of Technical Systems, RWTH Aachen University, June 2017.
- M. Blatzheim, "Implementation of Isogeometric Analysis in a Flow Solver", Master's Thesis, Chair for Computational Analysis of Technical Systems, RWTH Aachen University, September 2015.
|Boundary-conforming free-surface flow computations: Interface tracking for linear, higher-order and isogeometric finite elements
Published in: Computer methods in applied mechanics and engineering (2017)
|Automatic implementation of material laws: Jacobian calculation in a finite element code with TAPENADE
Published in: Computers and mathematics with applications : CAMWA (2016)
Contribution to Conference Proceedings
|Predicting shrinkage and warpage in injection molding: Towards automatized mold design
Published in: PROCEEDINGS OF THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF GLOBAL NETWORK FOR INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY AND AWAM INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE IN CIVIL ENGINEERING (IGNITE-AICCE’17): Sustainable Technology And Practice For Infrastructure and Community Resilience (2017)
|Free-Suface Flow Simulation with Space-Time Methods and Isogeometric Analysis
Published in: USACM Thematic Conference on Isogeometric Analysis and Meshfree Methods : Abstracts : (Part 2, M-Z) (2016)
|Using Automatic Differentiation to Create Sparse Jacobians for the Solution of Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations
Published in: Book of abstracts 2015 / 86th Annual Meeting of the International Association of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics March 23-27, 2015 Lecce, Italy (2015)
|Efficient Jacobian calculation in a finite element software using automatic differentiation
Published in: Conference Proceedings of the YIC GACM 2015 / ed.: Stefanie Elgeti ; Jaan-Willem Simon (2015)