- 2013-2015, M.Sc. Computational Engineering Science, RWTH Aachen University
- 2009-2013, B.Sc. Computational Engineering Science, RWTH Aachen University
- F. Zwicke, Application of an Automatic Differentiation Tool to the In-House Flow Solver , Master's Thesis, supervised by P. Knechtges, Chair for Computational Analysis of Technical Systems, RWTH Aachen University, February 2015.
- F. Zwicke, A posteriori error estimator for the incompressible Stokes equations , Seminar Thesis, supervised by P. Knechtges, Chair for Computational Analysis of Technical Systems, RWTH Aachen University, September 2014.
- Numerical Simulation of Injection Molding (Solidification, Shrinkage, Warpage)
- Amorphous Polymer Modeling (Viscoelasticity, Non-Linear Elasticity)
- Numerical Shape Optimization
- Free-Surface Flow Simulations
- Isogeometric Analysis
- Algorithmic Differentiation
Isogeometric Analysis (Exercise) WS 15/16, WS 16/17
Completed Student Projects
- E. Salzmann, "Combined IGA- and classical meshes for the finite element method", Master's Thesis, Chair for Computational Analysis of Technical Systems, RWTH Aachen University, June 2017.
- M. Blatzheim, "Implementation of Isogeometric Analysis in a Flow Solver", Master's Thesis, Chair for Computational Analysis of Technical Systems, RWTH Aachen University, September 2015.
|Boundary-conforming free-surface flow computations: Interface tracking for linear, higher-order and isogeometric finite elements
Published in: Computer methods in applied mechanics and engineering (2017)
|Automatic implementation of material laws: Jacobian calculation in a finite element code with TAPENADE
Published in: Computers and mathematics with applications : CAMWA (2016)
Contribution to Conference Proceedings
|Coupling free-surface flow and mesh deformation in an isogeometric setting
Published in: Coupled Problems in Science and Engineering VII - COUPLED PROBLEMS 2017 : proceedings of the VII International Conference on Coupled Problems in Science and Engineering, Rhodes Island, Greece, June 12-14, 2017 / edited by: Manolis Papadrakakis (Institute of Structural Analysis & Antiseismic Research, National Technical University of Athens, Greece), Eugenio Oñate (International Center for Numerical Methods in Engineering (CIMNE), Spain, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC)), Bernhard A. Schrefler (Department of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, Università degli Studi di Padova, Italy) (2017)
|Predicting shrinkage and warpage in injection molding: Towards automatized mold design
Published in: Proceedings of the 20th International ESAFORM Conference on Material Forming : ESAFORM 2017 : Dublin, Ireland, 26-28 April 2017 / editors: Dermot Brabazon, Sumsun Naher, Inam Ul Ahad. - B (2017)
|Free-Suface Flow Simulation with Space-Time Methods and Isogeometric Analysis
Published in: USACM Thematic Conference on Isogeometric Analysis and Meshfree Methods : Abstracts : (Part 2, M-Z) (2016)
|Efficient Jacobian calculation in a finite element software using automatic differentiation
Published in: Conference Proceedings of the YIC GACM 2015 / ed.: Stefanie Elgeti ; Jaan-Willem Simon (2015)
|Using Automatic Differentiation to Create Sparse Jacobians for the Solution of Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations
Published in: Book of abstracts 2015 / 86th Annual Meeting of the International Association of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics March 23-27, 2015 Lecce, Italy (2015)